Friday, April 14, 2023

Not sure why I haven't been around, just kind of got out of the habit of the blogger life I guess?

Easter was fine.  It has never been a big holiday with my family.  We always did the new dress (or my Granny made us dresses) and church but I never believed in the Easter bunny, never knew it was a thing until my uncle got married to a lady with kids and they asked about what the EB brought us.  I was like, the Easter what?

SIL had lunch at her house but I didn't go because me and HMF had tickets to the broadway series. We saw Ain't Too Proud, the story of the Temptations.  It was fine but could have been at least 30 minutes shorter.  Jukebox musicals aren't my favorite.  The next show was an add on for Legally Blonde next week and in June the Lion King.  

They sent out the email for season subscription renewal.  I'm not sure I want to renew.  There are a few shows I want to see but there are some I just don't care about at all.  It breaks down to just under $100/show with the subscription.  
Aladdin - I would probably buy tickets for
Beetle juice - would definitely buy tickets for
Hairspray - I would probably skip this if we don’t get season tickets, not particularly excited
My Fair Lady - 50/50. I would probably buy tickets in a fit of extroverted nonsense and regret day of 
To Kill a Mockingbird - loved the book in high school.  Would probably go if HMF wanted to go.
Tina - 100% would not go to this
I would go regardless if we renew.

Last week was one of our annual meetings at Table Rock Lake in Branson, MO.  Brooke is on the committee too and we had way too much fun.  The first night we had a flight of margaritas at an amazing Tex mex place.  My first instinct was to just order the grilled peach margarita and I should have gone with that because it was by far the best in the flight.  They were very strong and I was tipsy going back to the room.  I had a great room.  I got upgraded to a condo (Hilton diamond for the win, thank you fema).  Brooke and I stumbled back to the condo and talked for a bit while she cussed me for getting the upgrade.  



Brooke has been trying to lose weight so I convinced her to split meals.  That worked out great. However, the alcohol consumption made up for it.  Other than the first night with the margarita flight I didn't do too bad.  Thursday night we went to a karaoke night and a good number of them got trashed and sang.  It was fun to watch.  I purposely stayed sober because I did not want to be in the position to be forced to sing.  No one would enjoy that.  We found a cat cafe and went one day after the meeting.  It was so much fun.  I sent Dennis several pictures and he told me not to bring one home.  Then he saw Punkie and said "that one, bring that one back with you."  Thankfully she was already adopted because I don't think Olive or Ninja would appreciate it.  She was still young so her and Mango probably would have been fine.



Mango will always be a kitten at heart.  




Last weekend my mom had another ‘incident’.  I don’t understand it.  I went to a boutique that was having a great sale.  My mom just wanted to sit in the car.  While I was there she calls me and tells me she has to go to the gas station.  I told her that she had the keys to go and come get me after, I was in the middle of cashing out.  Before I got in the car I could see the look on her face and knew I was not going to like the smell of the car.  Sure enough she sat there and shit herself instead of trying to get to a bathroom (there is a restaurant right next door).  It happens often enough that she packs a go bag jic.  I got so mad.  Than I felt guilty and bad for being mad.  I just don’t understand.  I feel bad but I can't freaking handle it.

Work has been good.  Ever since I had the sit down with AP she has been bending over backwards to keep me happy.  I don’t expect that to last long.  I am starting to come down off that high of confronting something that was way passed due.  As a matter of fact I can already start to see cracks.


Weight is holding at 113ish.  I haven’t been to dance in awhile so I am looking flabby.  I will always have body dysmorphia so I will never be happy with how I look.  My knee and hip have been really hurting pretty bad.  I need to make an appointment with my doctor and see what direction I need to go from here.  I have an appointment with the rheumatologist May 11.  I am not sure if I should wait and talk to him or go to my PCP who will refer me somewhere.

About a month ago, on a fluke, I submitted an online app to be an extra on the Hulu show Reservation Dogs (excellent show btw). It is filmed locally, it is the creation of a pretty popular local film maker.  Anyway, on the friday before I left I got an email asking me to come in for a COVID test and be a passenger on a bus for 2 days.  It paid a whopping $80 for the 8 hours, $100 for the test.  They would pay OT if needed.  I had to send an email back turning it down because it was the same week as Branson.  I was kind of bummed.  

OK, I have to get some work done.  It feels like it should be time to go already.






2 comments:

  1. Well duh, of course I'm overthinking. That is my middle name!

    I saw the Temptations live at the O-club on Rhein-Main Airbase when that still existed. Or at least what was left of the Temps in the early 90s.

    I never understand why Hairspray is supposed to be so good. I saw the film and was all 'meh'. On the other hand, "nobody says the 'B' word" was one I loved. Aladdin without Robin Williams would be weak for me.

    Assuming the grey kitty is Punkie. She looks kind of murderous but I'd take her in a heartbeat. If I ever win the lottery I'll start "Jay's Home for Wayward Kitties" to be sure. And Mango is such a dude cat. Reminds me of Dion that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hairspray! I wonder if Jay saw the John Waters version or the musical version? I like them both, but the musical is one of my favorites because I love the soundtrack. "Run and Tell That" is one of my favorites. Sometimes I watch just that clip on YouTube.

    Has your mom talked to her doctor about her accidents? I assume she didn't run for the bathroom because she didn't have time. She could always try Immodium or something like that before going out of her house? There are other meds that can help too.

    If I had a cat cafe in my neighborhood, I would be happier about not having cats. Because I could get my fix! (Love the Mango photo, btw.)

    I think the Cushing's test for Luna was probably accurate. She does not stress about going to the vet, unlike most dogs!

    ReplyDelete