Thursday, March 16, 2023

Back to the old blogger

 Well, looks like blogger is the best blogging option for me.  Wordpress requires a download and that means I couldn't use my work computer when I am out of town.  I don't want to have to deal with that so, here we are.

Weight this morning was 114.  That is 2 pounds from the goal I set back in 2008.  I am really not trying to lose at this point but stress and so forth are doing it's thing.  I really need to find a new therapist.  My old one was a very Mr. Rodgers kind of guy and I don't need that kind of coddling at this point.  Why is it so hard to find someone.  I look at the websites and if there isn't a picture I judge, if there is a picture I try to envision myself talking to them for hours and nope out on that.  

Work is better.  I had a little breakdown a few weeks ago and pretty much told AP (almost) everything I thought about her.  I went off on her lack of sympathy with FIL's passing and her general lack of empathy on the fact that I am diagnosed ADD and don't see things the same way that she does. The thing that had the most impact was telling her she was not a supervisor.  She tried to tell me that she had some of the duties delegated and I let her know that is one duty that you can't delegate.  You can give her the ability to review travel, leave requests, time management, but she CANNOT supervise anyone unless they rewrite her job description and it would have to be advertised.  We ended up talking for an hour and a half and I walked out of there like a boulder had been lifted.  Since then she has become my new bff 🙄   She has approved several things that I have requested, including a few training/conference trips.  I know she would have turned down the victim advocacy conference in August before we had that talk.  It is in NOLA in August.  I am not sure who would ever choose to go there in swamp season but they see that as a luxury destination so most requests for NOLA are denied.  I am also getting a portable external monitor and privacy screens for my desk.  It is kind of odd.  

Next week I have a workshop for the ranger's that I am coordinating.  I am so ready for it to be over.  Between that and another project I have been working on I haven't had much of a break.  I have kind of enjoyed being busy.  I kind of miss the chaos I had when I worked in RE, being so busy I didn't have time to think.  It really keeps me focused and I kind of thrive on deadlines.

My mom adopted another dog.  


His name is Gusty and he is pretty much just a 2 pound ball of fluff.  He does nothing but lay there.  I am not a small dog person so a 2 pound dog is pretty much useless to me.  But, he makes my mom happy and she really seems to be so wrapped up in him that she doesn't call me like she used to and has opted to stay home last Saturday instead of going out.  She found the dog through a lady my sister knows that does chihuahua rescue who feeds her full of bullshit.  She once tried to debate me that chihuahuas were one of the top euthanized dog breed at shelters.  I don't know why I even try.  My mom was told this dog is 2.  Again the dog is pretty useless and doesn't act like a puppy so I asked my vet friend to see him.  Sure enough, the dog is between 8-10.  The lady didn't have him neutered because he was "too small" and they didn't update his rabies booster because "they don't dose based on weight and he would get the same dose as a lab".  Dr. S rolled her eyes so hard I think she saw her ancestors.  The dogs teeth are rotten, he has an enlarged prostate, age related issues with his eyes, and very elevated protein values in his kidneys.  My mom called to tell my sister this and my sister responded with "she wouldn't trust that vet".  I mean....really?  My mom knows the truth and we are trying to get his kidney values down so we can do the dental and get him neutered.  My sister needs a throat punch.

My kids are doing great.  The tattoo I got of the cats is amazing and I can't stop looking at it.  I am so impressed with her work.  I am also addicted to it now and am trying to come up with something to put on my ribs.






The canines are spoiled as ever


Went to see Hamilton (3rd time) on Sunday with HMF
It wasn't the best performance I've seen, but it's hard to beat the Chicago show.  One of my college roommates wanted to go and couldn't find anyone to go with so I am going with her on Saturday to see it again.  I have kind of decided I just need to bite the bullet and so see it on Broadway.  I have never been to NYC, have no sense of direction and the thought of going alone scares me so I probably need to do it.  I have enough Hilton points that I could pay for 3 nights.  Tickets are comparable to  what they cost here.  Something I am seriously contemplating.  

OK, I need to get busy.  RIP CK, you suck.



2 comments:

  1. I can commiserate with the rat dog on the enlarged prostate. That shit just ain’t fun. 😝

    Manhattan is easy. The street numbers go up as you go north and the avenue numbers go up as you go west. Generally but enough to orient yo self.

    The best therapist is the one who can challenge you. You want one who wouldn’t be someone you’d hang out with. Otherwise they’ll just feed your jones. My fave was a nurse counsellor (RNC) who was really good at calling bullshit on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you here, Terrie! I missed you! I hope the little dog can be kept healthy so he can live a good long life. It's too bad your mom didn't actually get the right info about him. He is kind of cute even if he is nothing like a dog. I didn't think I was a small dog person either until I got Tinker. But she is 8 times bigger than Gusty. (Which is wild to think about.)

    I love the cat tattoo, and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the ribs. I've heard rib tattoos hurt!

    ReplyDelete