I normally would have my Thursday workout posted, but as it turns out there wasn't one. I was psychologically ready and even had a little work rage I was gong to channel but some asshat force a change in plans.
This is going to be long and rambling because there are just SO.MANY.THINGS
First off, work. Our boss left in November and his boss retired in March. Because of this they didn't fill the first boss's job so the new boss would get a say in who would be his branch lead. In the meantime they are filling with some temporary duty positions. The person who was filling in was perfect, I love her and she did a great job. Her TDY ended Friday and the new one started Monday. I don't like her. She is another team member but she is the one that thinks she needs to be in charge and makes snarky little comments when she should just keep her mouth shut. For example, Wednesday the lake manager for one of the lakes was here. This is the lake that will host the swim portion of the ironman next year. She made the comment that since the event is going to be staged at a leased area we wouldn't have to do anything. The manager was like, um yeah we do, her comment back was "read your EC dear" he went right back at her about how the lease doesn't go in the middle of the lake, so we do in fact need the permit "dear". The whole thing just gave me a sense of dread. Then yesterday we had an award ceremony. Part of it was to recognize the people who helped with the flood. The team member that just came off the detail nor myself were called to accept what amounts to a participation trophy but guess who did get one....new lead. It should upset me as much as it did but I find it highly suspicious that all of her buddies were recognized. I said something to the organizer later and she told me to "just go up and get one, I'm sure your name was on the list but we were told you wouldn't be here" WTF? Again, my anxiety was glad I wasn't called up but my sense of impending dome was much stronger. The job just went public last week and I am honestly scared that this person will get the job permanently.
In the middle of all this Dennis sends me a text with a couple of picture of a wet kitten. He is all the time sending me pictures of peoples animals that they encounter so I just sent him a text back and told him to bring it to me. He text back and said that he probably was going to have to. Dennis was at one of the boat ramps testing a motor when a car drove up, barely slowed down and threw something in the water. It didn't take them long to realize what it was and get to the little guy. He swam back to the shore but he was exhausted, starved, and terrified. We are calling him Hudson because that was the lake they were on. Anyway, Hudson went to the vet and they said he is 6-8 weeks old and 1.6 pounds. He is very loving and playful and needs a home where there isn't an almost one year old juvenile delinquent to worry about. I mean how do you even introduce a cat that small to an almost 40 pound puppy?
So they get back to the shop and they found a puppy in the security fence!! At this point I was close to rage crying. They found a home for the puppy and I just have to believe he went to a good place or I will drive myself crazy with worry. I can't save them all, I know that but I still worry.
So Hudson came to my house last night. I drugged Bailey up so he wouldn't be so playful and he did ok, Truman is way to interested in him but he licks him. Casper acts like she is scared of him and Ninja doesn't want him in the house. I have no idea how to introduce him into the pack. We really want to find him a home but he is having some breathing issues, probably from inhaling water from the lake. We need to make sure he is healthy before we can get him vaccinated and into a home unless we can find a reliable foster. People aren't knocking down our door.
It was probably good that Dennis couldn't get to the person in time or he would be prison.
OK, I am getting out of the office as much as possible over the next 90 days. I'm heading to the lake.
This is going to be long and rambling because there are just SO.MANY.THINGS
First off, work. Our boss left in November and his boss retired in March. Because of this they didn't fill the first boss's job so the new boss would get a say in who would be his branch lead. In the meantime they are filling with some temporary duty positions. The person who was filling in was perfect, I love her and she did a great job. Her TDY ended Friday and the new one started Monday. I don't like her. She is another team member but she is the one that thinks she needs to be in charge and makes snarky little comments when she should just keep her mouth shut. For example, Wednesday the lake manager for one of the lakes was here. This is the lake that will host the swim portion of the ironman next year. She made the comment that since the event is going to be staged at a leased area we wouldn't have to do anything. The manager was like, um yeah we do, her comment back was "read your EC dear" he went right back at her about how the lease doesn't go in the middle of the lake, so we do in fact need the permit "dear". The whole thing just gave me a sense of dread. Then yesterday we had an award ceremony. Part of it was to recognize the people who helped with the flood. The team member that just came off the detail nor myself were called to accept what amounts to a participation trophy but guess who did get one....new lead. It should upset me as much as it did but I find it highly suspicious that all of her buddies were recognized. I said something to the organizer later and she told me to "just go up and get one, I'm sure your name was on the list but we were told you wouldn't be here" WTF? Again, my anxiety was glad I wasn't called up but my sense of impending dome was much stronger. The job just went public last week and I am honestly scared that this person will get the job permanently.
In the middle of all this Dennis sends me a text with a couple of picture of a wet kitten. He is all the time sending me pictures of peoples animals that they encounter so I just sent him a text back and told him to bring it to me. He text back and said that he probably was going to have to. Dennis was at one of the boat ramps testing a motor when a car drove up, barely slowed down and threw something in the water. It didn't take them long to realize what it was and get to the little guy. He swam back to the shore but he was exhausted, starved, and terrified. We are calling him Hudson because that was the lake they were on. Anyway, Hudson went to the vet and they said he is 6-8 weeks old and 1.6 pounds. He is very loving and playful and needs a home where there isn't an almost one year old juvenile delinquent to worry about. I mean how do you even introduce a cat that small to an almost 40 pound puppy?
So they get back to the shop and they found a puppy in the security fence!! At this point I was close to rage crying. They found a home for the puppy and I just have to believe he went to a good place or I will drive myself crazy with worry. I can't save them all, I know that but I still worry.
So Hudson came to my house last night. I drugged Bailey up so he wouldn't be so playful and he did ok, Truman is way to interested in him but he licks him. Casper acts like she is scared of him and Ninja doesn't want him in the house. I have no idea how to introduce him into the pack. We really want to find him a home but he is having some breathing issues, probably from inhaling water from the lake. We need to make sure he is healthy before we can get him vaccinated and into a home unless we can find a reliable foster. People aren't knocking down our door.
It was probably good that Dennis couldn't get to the person in time or he would be prison.
OK, I am getting out of the office as much as possible over the next 90 days. I'm heading to the lake.


No comments:
Post a Comment