Tuesday, July 23, 2013

weekend goings on

I have been a really bad blog friend.  I have read posts but since I am not feeling really good about myself, it is hard to fack the positive vibe.  That is going to turn around.  I am getting a fill this week (fingers crossed) and I will be back to my normal sarcastic bitch of a self.  Right now I am sitting in my size 4 pants with them unbuttoned because they are so tight on my stomach it hurts.  Back on the program now!!  Maybe getting a fill is more psycological but so be it.  I need that feeling of control to not feel like a beached whale.

Just to proove how lazy I am, here is the post I put on the Calorie King site.  I am too fat and lazy to write another one ; /

Had a pretty good weekend, despite the rough start. For some reason there are lots of pictures.

Thursday night Dennis and I went to the VIP party at the Hard Rock. It was a lot of fun and I think even Dennis enjoyed it. There were two live bands and I really liked the first one, we left before I could tell much about the other band. They had typical finger food....chicken strips, fried mushrooms, meatballs, spring rolls, a huge table of fruit and veggies and chips and dips. The food was ok but the open bar was just what I needed. I'm not much of a drinker and I always get stage fright when I order, I have no idea what I like. I got a margarita and it was half a glass of tequila with a little of the mix, no way I could drink that. Dennis thinks it is funny that I'm a light weight. He told me the faster I drank it the less I would taste.  The next time I went up and asked for something fruity and they made me something called a jellyfish made with malibu rum. I drank two of those in no time flat. We decided that we should probably head home since I had the memorial service the next day and it would be hard enough without a hangover. On the way out I put $5 in a slot machine, I played for maybe 10 minutes and left with $8. I just can't stand to throw away money like that. I sent a text to the guys that also worked with Marsha and they went to the casinos too, Kim lost $100 and Rhonda won $2,400. Again, I am a light weight.

Friday was a very hard day. The chapel was packed and I got a chance to talk to the family and tell them how sorry I was for the loss. The service was pretty good. They told stories about her that made you laugh through your tears. She was a nut. There were a lot of former co-workers that showed up and we took pictures because you know how it is, that is the only time people seem to get together. Her husband had her friends come in and take the flowers home with them because they had so many. We were very reluctant at first but he insisted. I have a beautiful bouquet drying in my kitchen.



I will have to look at pintrest and see what I can do with the dried flowers. Afterwards about 20 of us went to lunch and had a really good time. I don't think I got home until almost 4. I was so tired.

Saturday I woke up wide awake at 5:30 again. I got up and went for a horrible and miserable run. My hair is long enough to put in pigtails finally!! My shadow was too funny. I wanted to get a picture of me looking like an overgrown 2 year old but the sun came up before I could get a shot. So I took a picture of my little pigtail.



That little ringlet curl just shows how damn humid it was.

I took Dennis lunch at work since I planned on being gone most of the night. I got home, changed clothes and headed out to the Center of the Universe. I got there early enough that I found a good parking spot and got my ID wristband and stuff with no problems. I had picked up my volunteer shirt and wristband on Thursday. There was a huge snafu that started on Friday night. They had three levels of "seating" the VIP zone ($165 per ticket), which had access to air conditioned Cains Ballroom, free beer, a large lounge area with live feed from the main stage, and real bathrooms. They had access to the front maybe 15% of the area in front of the stage. The next level was BOK zone (about $75 per ticket). They were SUPPOSED to have access to a few air conditioned bars and from 15-25% of the front of the stage. Free Zone for the cheap bastards who didn't pay was just everything else. As it turns out, OneRepublic started a huge problem because they said they wouldn't play unless they opened up the BOK area to the people who didn't pay. That caused a huge issue for the people that bought the second level tickets, as it should. They were allowing the people that didn't pay into the bars that was supposed to be BOK and VIP only and there was no longer a separate area in front of the stage. I volunteered at the will call/ticket office and there was almost a riot from the BOK ticket holders. They wanted to be upgraded to VIP but we couldn't do that because of the free beer thing and it would just cause more problems. This happened right before a popular band; that a lot of people were there to see, was about to take the stage. It was kind of a nightmare. I don't know why they didn't just let them go to the VIP stage area and not change the wristband. I just did what I was told. They are going to have to contact everyone who bought the mid level tickets and give them a refund. Talk about a mess. Volunteers got free reign of the place. It was totally worth kicking in a few hours and being able to drink free beer (I actually drank 2 after the ticket fiasco) the lounge and the front of the stage. My shift was over just in time to see Ok Go. They were amazing!! I didn't know much about them except for the cool videos they make (they did the video with the choreographed routine on 8 treadmills). I have a couple of their songs on my running playlist so I know I like them but after seeing them live I absolutely them. I totally have a school girl crush on the lead singer. There is a song they do on handbells (I know, right) and in the middle of the song a semi drove by and honked the horn. The singer looked up and got this huge smile on his face and it was all over from there.  Actually, here is a video of it, cutie pie
I didn't stay for Neon Trees. I was so tired and my back hurt - yes I am old. I got some food truck food for Dennis and I and went home to eat. I was afraid that going by myself would be awkward but it really wasn't. Not only did I see the band I wanted to see, I got to leave when I wanted. Here are a few pictures from OK Go





There are a lot more pictures on facebook.

Yesterday I had to take Hunter to get his arthritis shot. He is so freaking cute. I had a $100 bill so I drove through McDonalds and got him a breakfast burrito so the vet wouldn't have to deal with finding change. The burrito was really hot so I was blowing on it. He was being impatient so I gave him a small piece and this is the look I got

I love that boy. I took him to the regular vet because he has been really itchy and the vet and tech hung out in the room with him for 30 minutes giving him a big(ger) head. He is such a good dog. He got two shots and acupuncture yesterday so he was ready to go home. That is a big day for a 13 year old dog.

My plan was to get my swim bag and head to the pool. I grabbed my bag and headed back out. I stopped for lunch at the mall and when I got out the sky was really dark. By the time I got to the turn all chances of going swimming were a wash, pun intended.  You can see one of the water slides in the background....


Today is back to work as much as I liked getting paid, I really like a 4 day work week. I got my first statement with the reduced pay and it hurt. That was with only one day pay lost so it is really going suck next payday. I may set up a fund raising site for furloughed federal employees. Maybe I can get used to the reduced pay and when they want me to work 40 hours I can tell them to suck it!!

I have yet another appointment with the lap band doctor on this Thursday. I will be interested to see if it pans out this time. I hope he can help me feel like I am in control of my food again because I don't feel that way at all right now.

1 comment:

  1. I always post the same entry here and on CK. I don't think it's lazy--I figure they are totally different audiences with some minor overlap (you and I, I guess!).

    ReplyDelete