Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I am considering drinking heavily

Why must the universe kick you when you are down.  I get it, I must have really pissed off karma, but really, I am super sorry. 

I went to the doctor for my fill Thursday.  The appointment was at 5:45.  I walk into the office and it is like a ghost town, I didn't think much about it since it was late.  There was a lady at the front desk that I didn't recognize.  I checked in and she just looked at me like a deer in headlights and started to tell me where the waiting room was.  Yeah I got it, not my first rodeo.  She said she would have Roberta, the coordinator come and talk to me.  Turns out that Dr. A's wife had a baby on Monday and had cancelled all his appointments for the week, well all the appointments EXCEPT MINE.  I was so mad.  Roberta told me that he would be back Monday (yesterday) and to call and they would get me worked in.  I called them at 8 at they said to call back around noon.  I called back and she told me that Dr. A had decided to take another week off but they had arranged for a P.A. to come in from OKC and could I be there at 1:30.  At 12:45 as I was getting on the highway to go to the doctor when someone from the office called me and said that they couldn't do it after all and promised someone would call me back later that day to reschedule.  I haven't heard a thing from them. 

This on top of the last appointment where I took off work to see Dr. A and to have my crown fixed.  The dentist appointment was an hour after the fill.  After 30+ minutes of waiting I asked them how much longer and they told me about an hour.  I ended up leaving and coming back after the dentist and they still charged me $150. 

I was so upset when I left there I went straight to Five Guys and had me a little binge.  That will teach them.


I am really thinking about changing doctors.  I called a clinic nearby but they didn't answer and I didn't want to leave a message, plus the doctor's name is Joe Bob.  Maybe I can find a place that would take my insurance and it won't cost me out the butt to get an emergency unfill if that ever happens again.  I don't know what to do.  I am so aggravated with everything in my life right now that I need some reassurance that I am not being rash.

In addition to the band crap, I had to take Monster to the vet on Monday to have a growth removed from her eyelid.  It was causing horrible drainage and I know it had to hurt.  Poor girl is in a cone of shame.  In a way it is funny because she is so mean and ornery but I know she is miserable.



 

She finally crawled up on my lap and went to sleep.  I thought I was going to have to sleep on the couch with her but we got her settled into bed.  She got the cone off this morning somehow and I let her run around without if for a few minutes, just long enough to eat and drink (I don't think her head fits in the food bowl) and I put it back on her.  Man did I get some dirty looks.

Sunday would have been 2 months since Dexter died.  I was doing well, not great but ok, when I got a call from a friend at work.  We were watching a movie so I almost didn't answer it but something told me I should.  She told me that the lady I called my work mom passed away suddenly.  She retired about a year and a half ago and was only 62.  We were all in complete shock.  This is the kind of person that never met a stranger and was the life of the party.  She always got on to me because we were so much alike she knew what I was thinking and that if I thought it chances are it would come out of my mouth.  Lots of work trips, dinners out when the SOs were out of town, hell I even planned her retirement party.  Every time we had a work party she would come back up for the free food.  She will be missed so much.  Her memorial service is on Friday and I took the day off.  I am having a hard enough time working as it is but I don't think I will even do a good job of faking it that day.  Her husband said they planned it for Friday afternoon because he knew she would want us to be able to start the weekend early.  Damn, I really don't know how much more I can take.

I found out this morning that they think her death was caused from knee replacement surgery that she had 8 weeks ago.  If this is the case that is 3 people from work that have died from complications from knee replacement.  I am really starting to question why I run.  I know I will have to have a knee replacement someday, the doctor tells me every time I go in to get my orthovisc shots.  Maybe it is time to find a new hobby.  Again, I don't know what to do or think.

In spite of my weekend my food was ok.  Dennis was off Saturday, Sunday and Monday also so we spent some quality time together.  We were going to hang out at the wave pool on Monday but it was too cold.  Who would have thought that in mid-July in the south?  I did have a shopping binge and it was a good one.  I had decided last week that I am over Coach purses and I have a closet full.  I talked to my friend at work and told her I was on the prowl for a new trademark purse brand.  I perused the interwebs yesterday and found a Marc Jacobs bag I just couldn't live without.  I have no clue what I was thinking.  I can afford it now thanks to all the overtime I worked.  What I am worried about is mid-September when I am still furloughed and making $1000 less a month.  I am sure the purse won't taste very good when I have no money for groceries.  I probably just need to go through my old purses and sale them.

I was supposed to go to counseling yesterday but I just wasn't in the mood to talk so I cancelled it.  I am supposed to go next Monday.  I am sure it will be a tough one.

Sorry to unload on you guys yet again.  I am so ready of this summer to be over with already!!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you have been having such a rough time lately...hugs. I am not looking forward to my paychecks from the furlough :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is perfectly reasonable to at least talk to other doctors if your current doc isn't meeting your needs. I mean it's not like you're doctor shopping for pain killer prescriptions, you just need to find an office that fits you.

    I do hope things turn around for you soon... you have been taking quite a few hits lately.

    ReplyDelete