Wednesday, March 12, 2025

Won’t you be my neighbor

I was absolutely shocked the trip to Pittsburgh actually happened. It is kind of an offshoot of the SA program but on a mental first aid level. Not sure how it slipped through the cracks. The guys that taught are amazing but I have my doubts about the efficacy of the program itself. I have trust issues so talking to peers is not something I would personally do but I do have a lot of people who know my history that like to unload on me. The most important thing is it gives me opportunities to deploy. I met some amazing people too. 

We had a pretty busy schedule, they even had lunch brought in, but we generally got out around 4 to check email and ‘self care’ The hotel had happy hour and those of us that stayed there got together and bonded. I had 2 goals for after hours; the first to see the Mr. Rogers exhibit and to see the broadway tour of Kimberly Akimbo. I got to do both. 














2 comments:

  1. I was a bit old for MRN when it first aired, Sesame Street too. By the time it aired I was probably 8 years old. I remember seeing an episode and thought that he was a bit freaky. That said, that was 8 year old me growing up in rural PA where men were men and sheep were nervous. I've since discovered what a wonderful man he was. If only I was born a few years later ...

    You are quite the Broadway show addict! πŸ˜‚ I think I'm just boring. I've been to 3 shows in my entire life (Evita, Aida and Mamma Mia) and two of those were gifts from L.'s cousin when we visited her in NYC. Otherwise, nada. I rarely watch movies too and near to zero TV.

    Glad the trip to Pittsboigh went well. I'm from the other PA, the one east of the Alleghenies. For us Pittsburgh is the midwest. πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I love the theatre and wish I had more opportunity to go. I got in more than my fair share when I lived in California being so close to LA and Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete