I'll go ahead and address the orange, embarrassing predator in the WH. I am obviously not thrilled. I am on of those "overreacting" people who thinks this is a going to be a disaster for years to come. I am not in a good place with this and I feel personally attacked and that people are more closeted misogynistic, sexist, and that I have been giving people way too much credit. I have way too many friends that are going to be effected by this that it makes me scared and angry. I will not watch the news or anything on network tv because hearing or seeing it enrages me. I mean there might be a woman miscarrying in the ER that would be saved by a simple medical procedure but hey at least we can afford eggs. I am in the stage of my life that I can cut a person off and not look back.
We went over 2 months without a drop of rain, now it won't stop raining. We got 7 inches in one day. Last Monday they predicted really bad weather so the acting Chief sent to work from home at noon. It rained like hell but it didn't get particularly bad here. There were some tornados around but they didn't get to close to us. I don't think they were very strong either.
With the weather I was a little worried that they would cancel dance. Since jazz is at 6 and tap at 6:45 it kind of had to be one or the other. I decided to go with tap. It was fun but not like it used to be. Tap isn't intuitive and if you don't use it, it will go away! The new studio is really nice. The tap room is small and needs a fan or two to keep some air moving, but it was nice to not have to roll out the protective cover for the floors. But, it wasn't as fun as it used to be. I decided this week I would do jazz instead and I had so much stupid fun! There is a new teacher and she taught musical theater style! It was the most fun I have had in a long time. I had some of my old dance friends there and we just had a blast. The teacher was a broadway dancer in her passed life and it was just so great. I may go to the jazz class and join the tap class 15 minutes late since I am obviously warmed up. I will have to check with the teacher and see if it's ok. The only issue with the class on Monday is someone brought kids and she let them dance. The studio is adults only and kids did what kids do and got in the way, doing cartwheels and shit during class. I don't think the owner will let that happen again. I am going to try and go tonight to my friend Shana's class.
My cousin made it in last week. I picked her up from the airport, stopped and picked up pizza and took it to my mom's house. I told her if she waiting until Friday to leave I would go with her. Of course she couldn't wait, she had to leave. Well jokes on her because they closed down I-40 in NM. She stayed the night in the truck in Amarillo and went the long way around the blizzard. She was supposed to meet movers at her storage building in Vegas on Friday but didn't make it until Saturday. I just checked her location on my phone and she is still in San Diego. I am absolutely thrilled I didn't have to go but she has to get the fucking truck back because I know my mom is paying for it. I am not sure they know I know. Tomorrow will be one week and if she doesn't leave today I am going to have a few words with her about taking advantage of her. I know she is trying to get it all moved by herself but she hired people to help her in Vegas so.... It's a 20+ hour drive so tick tock.
I took off work Friday for my birthday. Dennis came in with flowers. We went to the new outlet mall and walked around in the pouring rain. Neither of us care about getting wet and it made for a very quiet shopping experience. We mostly just walked around and talked. It was a really good day. I talked to my mom several times throughout the day and she never mentioned my birthday so neither did I. Finally about 10 she sent me one of her stupid mass good night messaged (in case she dies in her sleep) and I called her and asked her if she forgot my birthday. She, of course did. I am not one to make a huge fuss for them but that hurt. I am not sure if she is just getting forgetful (she remembered my older sister, her favorites birthday the week before) or she just really takes me for granted that much. Sunday I met my sister for lunch and I told her she could bring mom so she didn't have to suffer alone. We went to the place that I like and you could tell my mom was a little put out. She said she didn't feel good and her stomach was messed up. She ate soup because she didn't want to get anything heavy and proceeded to demolish the bread bowl and the chocolate cake they brought out for me. The entire time we were there she watched the Life 360 app for my cousin.
I was off work on Monday for Veteran's day but didn't do much. I did a Target run. I know I did something else but I can't remember what it was.
Yesterday I WFH for 2 hours but took off to get my hair done. We always have a good time. We discussed comfort shows and books. She is always a good ego boost for me. My friend Linda who lives in Dallas had to come in from more of her in-law drama (someone burned down 2 of the houses her mother in law owned) so we met up and went to an early dinner/happy hour. I hadn't seen her in a year or so and it was nice to catch up in person. We need to get together and plan the trip to see & Juliet in January. Brooke and I both want to go to MeowWolf and we thought about trying to catch a Stars game but it doesn't look like they will be home that weekend. I am sure we will find plenty of trouble to get into. The only issue we might run into is that Brooke and I are very much alike and want to hang out in deep ellum, Linda is more of a soccer mom type and thinks it too dangerous to hang out at. It doesn't help that last time Linda and I went there to shop at our shoe store we pulled into a parking lot and there was a grown woman with her whole ass titty hanging out of her shirt. We parked and someone tried to get us to give him cash to park when there was a sign that said pay through the app. She was done before we even got out of the car, I was laughing my ass off. Whatever, majority rules, right?
They don't know it yet but I am going to call in tomorrow. Dennis has an ablation on his back that afternoon and I think I am just going to take the whole day instead of having to come all the way in to the office and back.



Payless Putin won't be as bad as you are imagining. That's not to say that it won't be bad, just not the way you are imagining. Anyway, it's only 2 years until they lose either the House or Senate or both and then it'll go back to gridlock. Either way, you can't do anything to change it so just roll with it. I love the stories of the idiots who want to change their vote. Um ... might've thought that vote through a bit more beforehand, eh?
ReplyDeleteI'm really good at cutting my nose off to spite my face. In the end I'm not sure how far I could really advance anyway. I'm not really into the styling parts of Latin dance. I just want to enjoy the music and have a good time. It's not that serious. On the other hand since I refuse to dance with G. any more there's not really much of a point to me spending more time learning. I spent 100 Eurobucks on 2-days tickets and spent an hour there on Friday. 🤬 This spending money to do stuff only to have her pitch a fit and ruin it for me is getting old. Love her but she needs to get her shit together.
Actually thinking about it I hope Trump and the GOP screw up so bad that they lose the House and at least 15 to 20 Senate seats in 2026. But I’m a realist. A good chunk of voters are idiots apparently and believe the bullshit about the border and “they’re coming for our guns!” It surprises me that people who are supposedly educated and profess to be patriotic can support Felonious Trump. I swore to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic at least 5 times in my life. He’s an enemy of the Constitution and nobody seems to care.
ReplyDeleteThey're already doing bad stuff. Witness that text message that went out to a bunch of blacks about moving to the plantation. That was well coordinated because several people received the same message.
ReplyDeleteThere was also one in a WalMart at a self-checkout where some woman told the black cashier monitoring to "move her black ass" and something about how things were going to change now that Trump is back. Okay it was WalMart so no telling whether that woman was buying white sheets for a cross burning or the elevator just doesn't go all the way to the top floor.
There's no reason for any of that b.s. but if you vote for a racist it's not really surprising. Oh any anyone a few years down the line anyone who voted who pulls the "we didn't know" crap is going to get a "why? Are you that f-cking stupid?"
I sincerely hope that anyone I know who voted for Trump just unfriend me on FB and/or not bother to contact me again. I've had enough idiots in my life and am tired of the "go along to get along" crap.
Glad to oblige but it wasn't rage. It's more impatience and disgust. I'm tired of "being patient and understanding" with folks who definitely know better. I just have no patience for that.
ReplyDeleteI think the percentage difference between them would've been closer had it not been Harris, for certain, but I don't think he would've won either. Trump's one skill beside grifting is being able to tap into the anger of his supporters and he did that well. The thing he hasn't calculated is what happens when that anger turns against him as it surely will when he can't/doesn't deliver on his promises. Or maybe I'm wrong and they'll never turn against him. His economic policies, if implemented, will be inflationary and his whole deportation scheme is a costly logistical nightmare assuming it can even be done (War On Drugs anyone?) The whole business about stopping Fentanyl entering the country via the border with Mexico is a fantasy. Attacking supply drives the price up and driving the price up only makes it more attractive for the criminals and the risk takers. Haven't we learned anything since "Just Say No" was a thing?
The common belief that the President has any effect on the price of gas needs to go as well. Yes he could open up drilling in places where it is currently banned. But ... it will take years to have productive wells in those areas and why would "Big Oil" want to increase supply and thus push prices down? Wouldn't that hurt their bottom line?
I honestly don't know whether this time will be worse than his first time at bat. I do believe it won't be better. Nothing he's said so far dissuades me from that belief.
First Norwegian lesson: "“Gersh gurndy morn-dee burn-dee, burn-dee, flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip – Durne-dee, burn-dee, burn-dee, flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip-flip! Bork, bork, bork!"
ReplyDeleteWhen I looked at citizenship in Germany I found out that if one is of German roots, I think back 3 generations, one can claim German citizenship directly. My great-grandfather was born south of Stuttgart and emigrated to the U.S. BUT there is an exception in the law the excludes descendants of immigrants to the U.S. believe it or not. However, if my family were from eastern Europe it wouldn't be a problem. 🙄
Also, taking it personally only makes you (more) miserable. Do what you can to build the world you want and let go of what you can't change. The idiocracy will be in charge for the next couple of years and I accept that. Acceptance doesn't mean I have to like it. It just means that it's the reality.
For the Trumpers, my only wish is that they'd own it rather than duck and weave. The only people who duck and weave are people who know that they did something wrong and want to hide it. I can respect anyone who owns their decisions even if I think they are wrong. I can't respect anyone who are dishonest either outright or intellectually and not owning ones decisions is dishonest.