Wednesday, August 7, 2019

I miss my old blog friends

I really miss reading the blogs of my old CK buddies.  My account expired but I am tempted to renew it just so I can go back in and copy my old journal.  I also know that is the only way I will be able to keep in touch with Jay since he doesn't do facebook.  Sometimes change makes me sad. 

Everything hurts this morning.  I got up and ran my drills, which was just about 2 miles.  It is hard on Tuesday mornings because I have to be back home and ready to work at 7 and I have to take Mr. Personality Bailey for a short walk or I will hear about it the rest of the day.  All of my 1/4 mile drills were right at 14 mm.  JG wants each quarter mile to be around 3:45 and I pretty much met that.  It doesn't help that it is surface of the sun hot. 

After work I did 30 minutes at the gym. 

45 seconds X 3
squat press (20)
mountain climbers on bosu
overhead carry. (20)

45 seconds X 2
single leg glute bridge
side plank hip raise each side.

I was drenched in sweat and glad I was just doing 30 minutes.

I am trying to get my days switched around though because 1. the girl that works out with me on Tuesdays is a freaking machine and I am holding her back 2. the stupid firefighter training Dennis goes to each week was switched to Tuesday from Wednesday and it just makes it difficult.  We workout at 5:30 so I have to leave at 5, Dennis doesn't get off work until 5, if he's lucky, and has to drive 30 + minutes.  Bailey and Marcy don't get along but for the most part she just ignores him.  They eat everyday at 6 and of course I would be at the gym at that time and Dennis would be rushed to get them fed and out the door.  You can't leave food down as that is a huge trigger for the dogs.  Since I telework that day we don't have the advantage of having a tired Bailey.  So it would be easier to just change days.  Next week we are switching it to Monday because I have a doctor appointment and Bailey has his behaviorist appointment.  The trainer is going to Europe for two weeks and will be out after next Tuesday.  I need to make sure and keep myself accountable for workouts even in her absence.

Kind of concerned about the doctor appointment.  I have lost a little more weight since the last time I was in and I think she may not renew my prescription for Sax.  I am on a low dose now and I have all kinds of fears the weight will come back when I stop taking it.  I am thinking about not taking the meds until after I see her so maybe I will have more of an appetite?  I know that sounds like some serious disordered eating.  I was going to add a but to that but it is what it is.  I don't care if I lose more weight, I just don't want to gain.  I would go so far as to say I like how I look but the lovely roll of skin from the years of extreme gain/loss/gain is disgusting.  I don't think it is in the cards go get it removed, just too expensive and painful.  At any rate, I weighed in at 116.6 this morning.

Tonight I am not going to do anything but watch the last few episodes of Mindhunter in preparation for the new season. 


2 comments:

  1. I'm detoxing from Facebook (and most social media) and trying to remember to check blogs. I've yet to crank up my own and am lazy about it. Not sure when your CK expired but other than vacation (just completed 2 weeks in Spain) there hasn't been much going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss the CK blogs too, although I only read a few.
    Case in point, JAY was in SPAIN?!?! Dude, message me some details!

    ReplyDelete