Monday, September 9, 2013

Feeling human

I have been fever free for 6 whole hours!!! For the first time in a month I am starting to feel like I might live through this after all :y: Believe me, there were times I doubted and times that I begged Dennis just to finish me off.

I got a lot of rest over the weekend. I went to Sam's on Saturday I didn't browse like I normally would, I got what I needed and left. If only I could stick to that plan more often. A normal trip to Sam's is at least $150 but I got out for $80. I have been browsing pintrest and finding lots of crock pot recipes because I know the first week or so back at work is going to be rough, it will be so much easier to have dinner ready when I get home. I should have plenty of stuff to keep us fed for awhile. When I got home I took a 2 hour nap. Guess it wore me out more than I thought.

Yesterday I was feeling ok so I went to the grocery store to get the things I didn't want to buy in bulk. Again it was a short trip but I literally slept all day when I got home. Maybe that is why I am feeling better? A little rest can work wonders.

Sunday morning and afternoon I had another fever spike of over 102. They didn't last like the others have and I haven't had any more issues. It is the strangest thing. I just hope it is over. I keep waiting to get that feeling; you know the one you get when your fever starts to get high? So far so good. I am dosing with tylenol and ibuprofen just in case.

I am finally starting to think about running again, I mean not like tomorrow but like it might be a possibility in the near future. I need to call and cancel my hotel reservation for St. Louis but I am for sure going to do it next year. I asked my dad to walk the Mother Road half with me here in Tulsa the Sunday before Thanksgiving. If I sign up on my own I know I will try and run it and I am not sure I will be ready. My dad is a walker and I might have to jog to keep up with him but it will keep me in check. Last year I PR’ed by 10 minutes and I don't want to push myself just yet. For now I am making plans for Little Rock - which I am calling the redemption run, this is the one I did 2 years ago and the guy collapsed and died as I was passing him, I helped render first aid for at least 30 minutes until they could get paramedics to him and another 10 until the ambulance got there. This is in March and I think I have a roommate lined up, I need to check with her, either way I really feel like I need a do over on this one. OKC is in April. I didn't do this last year but I will do it this year if I have to run it without any of my fellow running friends. Joplin is in May, it is also on Dennis birthday. I think he is old enough that he really doesn't care and I will home in time to take him to dinner. He might have to carry me though, something about a long car ride after a 13 mile run is hell on the legs.

The coolest thing I found is a half marathon in Yellowstone!! It isn't actually in the park but it is in West Yellowstone right by the west entrance. I have never wanted to do a half marathon so bad in my life!! Getting there will be a logistical nightmare. My parents love Yellowstone and would drive up there in a heartbeat. However, when I was a preteen and into my early teens I was forced to go on family vacations every summer with my little sister in a car packed so full you couldn't put your feet in the floor of the car. We drove for 2 weeks straight!! It was miserable; wake up at the butt crack of dawn eat breakfast ( I hate pretty much all breakfast food, the smell of eggs make me gag and pork cause gastro problems of epic proportions), stop for linner (late lunch/early dinner because it is cheaper) stay at a Motel 6 (otherwise known to a preteen as hell) get to the hotel right before dark then get up and do it all over again. Oh, plus you had to be quiet so my dad could sleep so he could get up and drive at dark thirty while the rest of us tried to sleep in the same room with my dad snoring so loud I am sure the people in the rooms around us could hear it. My mom isn't physically active so when we did stay a few days at Yellowstone we sat and watch old faithful go off 7,892 times. So, it may cost me $1,000 to fly but I am so not driving to Wyoming EVER AGAIN. Hell, I fly to Dallas and it is only 4 hours away. I think I have family vacation PTSD.

My appetite is finally starting to come back a little at a time. I am still taking a nausea pill before I eat but I haven’t had any issues!! Again, I blame the antibiotics. Dennis said if I am hungry at dinner time he will take me to my favorite dive...whose motto is eat more gravy. You can't go wrong with that!!

Tomorrow I am going to go in to work for an hour or so. Our RE attorney from Division is here and I have a lot of questions I need to ask her about a project that can blow up in our faces big time. Everyone is so in love with this multimillion dollar project that they don't seem to notice these little issues that can pretty much cause lots of problems when the sponsor tries to get credit for the work someone else is doing. Don't get me wrong, the project has the potential to be awesome but it can also get us in some legal hot water if they don't start listen to what I have been trying to tell them. I think having the big gun there might just force them to take a second look at the potential issues.

Wednesday is my appointment with the lung specialist!! I sure hope he has some definitive answers for me!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better. This yellowstone half is interesting...I don't like to run that often but when I do, it better be beautiful....I'll have to look into this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fever free for six hours and thinking about running already? You are a warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete