Thursday, August 22, 2013

pneumonia recovery and puppy breath

1.  I have been out of the hospital for a little over a week.  I worked every day this week but only half days.  I am so tired by the time I get home I sleep until Dennis gets home from work.  Then I am in bed by about 8.  This sucks!! 

2.  My hair is falling out from the 105 fever I had last week. blech.

3.  Today is my follow up appointment with the primary doctor.  Dennis has a list about 10 long of things he wants me to ask her.  She is going to love me by the time I leave.

4.  Despite getting over the horrible crud, I rescued a puppy earlier this week.  She is easily the prettiest little girl I have ever seen.

5.  Pictures!!

 This is her at the house I got her from.  This is the mom.  The poor little girl lived in a 2X4 cage by herself covered in fleas and ticks.  She is 11 weeks old and had never been to the vet or had a bath.
 Those eyes
 That sweet lab head bump
 Those puppy snuggles
 She loves to pose for pictures.
 wasn't the least bit shy about wanting your food
 again, THOSE EYES
 after a trip to the dog wash and the vet, she was worn out
 22.4 pound at 11 weeks!!
 doing what puppies do best
 seriously, those eyes!!
 more puppy cuddles after her bath
 taking her to her new foster home
she is going to be a monster!!

6.  I love her so much but I know that after being in the hospital last week I don't have the energy to chase after and train a baby puppy so a friend at work has her.  I think she is going to keep her.  I get to see her next weekend and I am so excited!!

7.  I am not looking forward to working 5 days a week 8 hours a day next week.  Of all times for the furloughs to be over.  That is if the doctor clears me to work 40 hours.

8.  Maybe my doctor will be able to get me into the lung specialist sooner.  I can't get in until Sept 11!!  That seems like forever from now.  I am know there are a lot of question I have that my regular doctor isn't going to be able to answer.  I can't believe it takes that long.

9.  Going to get my haircut tomorrow, I hope she can work some magic and make my hair look thicker.  I never had this problem with the weight loss so it figures I have it now. 

10.  Short and sweet cause I gotta get out of here and bring Coco (the puppies) toys to her new foster mommy.  Yes I already bought her toys, I am a push over that way.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful puppy... I hope you get feeling better soon :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. So worried about you, so glad to hear you're doing ok and OMG that puppy!!!

    ReplyDelete